Tuesday, July 26, 2016

A Snapshot and The Scoop: The Big Cave


This Hole-in-the-Wall is actually a lot bigger than it looks, as Callie and I discovered while we explored Palo Duro Canyon State Park last spring. We made the short trek to the cave and scrambled up the rockslide to the entrance. We rested in the cool shade, away from the April sun, before we scrambled up and around to the roof of the cave. We could see forever up there, and also discovered the "backdoor" to the cave, although it was quite a drop down to the cave floor. For Callie's first time scrambling loose rocks, she handled it like a champ! I don't think she's ever been in a cave before, and she just sniffed around a bit before plopping down to cool off. I love exploring with my dog!

Leave me a comment below and tell me if you like exploring little caves as much as I do, or would you rather just see them from the car?

No comments:

Post a Comment