Thursday, July 7, 2016

A Snapshot and The Scoop: "Balanced" Rock


I visit a lot of places, and at almost every one if there is one rock formation perched on top of another rock, it is named "Balanced Rock." Now, for the most part that's ok. I still maintain the the true Balanced Rock resides in Arches National Park, UT, but some others can also lay claim to that name. This particular Balanced Rock, however, shouldn't. Located along a remote trail in Hot Springs National Park, one eroded boulder (kind of) sits on top of another eroded boulder...except you can't really tell. Unless I was totally looking at the wrong rocks (which is possible) I just couldn't see how it was balanced at all. It was just a rocky outcropping on the side of a mountain, with a view that would be obscured whenever the trees were fully leafed. Maybe I missed something, but I wasn't that impressed.

Leave me a comment below and tell me if you've ever seen Hot Spring's Balanced Rock. Did I miss something?

No comments:

Post a Comment