Thursday, March 14, 2019

A Snapshot and The Scoop: Vermilion Cliffs


A short trip down a snowy dirt road was not nearly enough to satisfy my curiosity about Vermilion Cliffs National Monument in northern Arizona, but it'll have to do for now. I will definitely need a 4-wheel drive vehicle the next time I want to explore this enormous monument on the Utah/Arizona border, but on this day in February I drove as far as I was comfortable along that road until the snow drifts encroached on the road, then turned around. I did get the chance to step out of the car at a couple of pull-outs, though! Did you know California Condors aren't just native to California? Some can be found in Arizona, like the ones reintroduced to the Vermilion Cliffs area. These birds are huge, eclipsing all other birds of prey found in North America. I even got the chance to see a couple, but that's for a later post!

No comments:

Post a Comment