Tuesday, November 7, 2017

A Snapshot and The Scoop: Late Sunsets


Something I've never really thought about was the sun and its movement through the sky relative to a person's location. On our trip up north this past June I got a reminder that not everybody has the same sun as I do back home in Texas. We were so far north in the summer that sunsets there were late, much later than I was used to. It was 9:30pm and the sun was still in the sky, and sunsets lingered past 10:30pm. I'm a sunrise-sunset girl, but 10:30pm is past my bedtime! I stayed up a few times but mostly was asleep at my normal time - before the sun slipped below the horizon.

Leave me a comment below and tell me if you've noticed the sun sets at different times depending on how far north or south you are. Was it just me who was surprised?

No comments:

Post a Comment