Tuesday, November 21, 2017

A Snapshot and The Scoop: Don't Trust Mapping Apps


I travel a lot (obviously) and have used my fair share of maps, from GPS to internet apps to paper maps. I've discovered that mapping apps don't always take you on the best route between point A and point B. I can't say I know exactly how they calculate the route they provide, but sometimes they take you on some really random roads. Some of the roads are fun, like the one pictured while on my way to the Ouachita Mountains this pas summer, but some roads seem more like someone's driveway than a thru road. The apps are good for giving a general route and ETA, but I think I'll stick with paper maps to figure out exactly where I'm going.

Leave me a comment below and tell me if you've had this problem with mapping apps. Am I doing something wrong?

No comments:

Post a Comment