Thursday, November 3, 2016

A Snapshot and The Scoop: Too Cute For Words


Isn't this photo almost too cute for words??!!! Torrey and I were on our way out of Rocky Mountain National Park, headed off to another adventure, when we decided to stop at an overlook we hadn't been to yet. We were so happy we did! At first we were only enjoying the view, when all of a sudden Torrey tapped me and pointed down, directly below the rock barrier where we stood. A marmot was basking there, licking the rocks for minerals. After that, I all but forgot about the view. There were marmots everywhere! Young fat ones and older fatter ones, all waddling among the rocks or basking in the morning sun. I was in heaven! We spent a good twenty minutes watching these cuties, and were rewarded by getting to witness this adorable little exchange between an older marmot and a younger one. I'm pretty sure they were mother and baby, because the older one grabbed the younger one and started grooming it for a short time before letting it go on it's way. Whatever the relationship, I was thrilled to have gotten it on camera!

Leave me a comment below and tell me that it's ok to get so excited about something this cute. It is, right??

No comments:

Post a Comment