Tuesday, November 15, 2016

A Snapshot and The Scoop: Breakfast Views


Torrey and I were in no hurry to leave. We had hiked into the dune field of Great Sand Dunes National Park the night before, and spent the morning being lazy. We'd had a crazy week up to that point of go-go-go (by our own design) but decided that the morning on the dunes was one of relaxation. I was up first, wandering around and watching the sun rise, then Torrey got up and wandered like I did while I boiled water for oatmeal. I grabbed breakfast and followed her tracks, finding her at the edge of the field overlooking the rising sun. We sat on the sand, passing the bowl back and forth as we watched the world far below wake up. We finished our food but continued to sit there, not in any hurry, with no where to go except into the mountains that night. I need to remember that slowing down and relaxing while on my adventures isn't a bad thing. Sometimes, you just need to be in the moment with a hot cup of oatmeal and a good friend.

Leave me a comment below and tell me about your favorite breakfast view.

No comments:

Post a Comment