Thursday, November 17, 2016

A Snapshot and The Scoop: I Got My Fix


Ever since my own pet squirrel died at the end of July I'd been missing her tiny grabby hands, puffy tail and soft weight that I had come to take for granted. When Torrey and I were on our week long adventure in Colorado, and our road took us near a ghost town tourist site that had tamed down squirrels that you could feed and pet, I just had to go. Now, I don't normally feed the wildlife, but this one location is the exception. You buy little bags of seeds at the general store and walk across the road to a woodpile, where chipmunks, ground squirrels and little finches flock, along with all of the children (and adults!) who want to feed them. Torrey and I spent a good half hour there, loving every second of it as the squirrels climbed all over us, on our shoulders, arms, legs, hands and feet in their search for the seeds they knew we had. I took way too many pictures of these adorable little rodents, and I don't regret a single one. I got my squirrel fix!

Leave me a comment below and tell me, would you get excited too if they crawled onto your lap for food?

No comments:

Post a Comment