Tuesday, October 4, 2016

A Snapshot and The Scoop: Sometimes You Just Need a Friend


Do you have that friend where anything goes? They've stood by your side and weathered every storm and sunny day, and are down for pretty much everything? I'm lucky enough to have several of those friends, even though (and especially because) I've moved so far away from my hometown. One of my best friends is pictured above, paddling with me on the edge of a bayou near where I currently live. Through several cross-country moves, where I've visited her and she's visited me, we've made our friendship that much stronger. As a matter of fact, I've visited her in state she's lived in (yay for road trips and airplanes!), and she's visited me where I've settled as well. Every one of my friends is up for a days-long adventure in the backcountry, or down for an all-day shopping trip, or both as time allows. I don't use the word "lucky" very often, because I firmly believe hard work and determination get you most of what you want in life, but in this case I feel extremely lucky to have such amazing friends. Ladies, you know who you are, and I just wanted to let you know how awesome you are!

No comments:

Post a Comment