Tuesday, October 25, 2016

A Snapshot and The Scoop: Edge of the World


Want to know the beauty of Andrew's Tarn? It lies right on the edge between the earth and the sky. Torrey and I had finally reached our destination and after a short rest we wandered around the edge of the tarn, watching pikas and marmots waddle around the rocky shore, staring at the milky greenish-blue color of the water, wanting to touch the glacier and otherwise congratulating ourselves for a job well done. What we didn't realize at first, was that the tarn was practically hanging on the edge. Once about halfway along the shore between the first edge we came to and the glacier, we looked back and were greeted by this illusion; if we hadn't just hiked up from that direction we would have thought that the mountain just ended right there with nothing but the sky beyond it. It was absolutely stunning, and I took more than my fair share of photographs of it. I can't wait to go back and see the edge of the world again.

Leave me a comment below and tell me what you think; doesn't this look like the edge??

No comments:

Post a Comment