Thursday, September 1, 2016

A Snapshot and The Scoop: Showoffs Can't Help Themselves


On our recent trip to Great Sand Dunes National Park my sister and I were treated to a bunch of teenage boys showing off. I mean, that's not anything new really, but the way in which they were showing their stuff was: running full pelt down the side of a very steep sand dune, watched and cheered on by their peers and everyone else who had a mind to climb High Dune. I'm sure the crowd only persuaded the boys (and a few girls) to show off, and I have to admit that I giggled a little too hard whenever one of them biffed it (as long as they were ok). Only one guy, the final one, got scrapped up pretty good when he face-planted partway down the dune. His mishap was enough to discourage any further showoffs.

Leave me a comment below and let me know if you'd run down that dune. I know I wouldn't!

No comments:

Post a Comment