Tuesday, September 20, 2016

A Snapshot and The Scoop: Around the Creek Bend


Sometimes, you just have to see what's around the river bend. Or, in this case, the creek bend. My sister and I decided to spend a few hours one afternoon on our mini getaway to Great Sand Dunes National Park and Preserve exploring Medano Creek, walking up stream away from the hoards of people crowded near the main parking lot. We found the creek became narrower, more rocky, and more difficult to navigate, just like you would expect from a mountain stream. The bottom was still mostly sand, but the closer we got to its source the more rocks there were hidden under a thin layer of sand. We eventually turned around due to storms building over the mountains in front of us, but some day I'd love to hike to Medano Creek's headwaters up in the mountains and maybe take a dip in the snowmelt pond. Who's up for an adventure?

Leave me a comment below and let me know if you're interested!

No comments:

Post a Comment