Tuesday, September 27, 2016

A Snapshot and The Scoop: Looking Down


I recently read somewhere that hikers tend to take in the big picture, but often overlook the little things on the trail; that instead of powering through a hike with our eyes on those ever-distant mountains, we need to slow down and explore what's immediately around us, particularly what is under our boots. With this in mind, I spent a lot of time on my most recent adventure in the mountains looking down. Yes, I oggled plenty of sweeping mountain views, but I also tried to notice the little grasses, a tiny spring, the blush of a small flower wherever I sat. There were even a few times where I was down on my hands and knees peering at micro ecosystems, trying to notice all the life contained in such a small area. From now on, I think I'll make a concentrated effort to continue doing so. I liked what I saw.

Leave me a comment below and tell me about a time you noticed the littlest things, even in your own garden.

No comments:

Post a Comment