Tuesday, August 15, 2017

A Snapshot and The Scoop: Ruins in Cottonwood


Can you see them? There are two little granaries in this photo, both at about 1/3 of the picture from the left and right sides, in the center. Alisha and I were hiking out of Cottonwood Canyon on our second day of our Grand Canyon Adventure when we noticed the ruins of two granaries on a shelf above the canyon bottom opposite us. We debated a little bit about backtracking and walking down the canyon to check them out, but ultimately decided they were best viewed from a distance. I haven't been able to find any information about them, though if Lisha and I spotted them I'm sure someone else has. It was a neat little piece of history right there in front of us when we weren't looking for it!

Leave me a comment below and tell me about a time you found something interesting, historical or not, that you weren't looking for.

No comments:

Post a Comment