Thursday, August 24, 2017

A Snapshot and The Scoop: Hot Pink


My sister's and my trek through the Grand Canyon was full of unexpected lessons and surprising sights, but one of the ones I was most delighted about was the abundance of cacti. You all know I love cacti, and I especially love the different colors cacti can have. Inside the canyon we found purple cacti, light green cacti, dark green cacti, little cacti that looked like ropes, cacti that looked more like a tree or shrub, and then we found cacti with hot pink spines. This picture doesn't do them justice at all. The spines were the brightest, hottest pink I've ever seen! I've got a cactus similar to this one at home, but its barbs are red, not the pretty pink like this. We saw them all over the place, and I couldn't help but notice them even in the haze of our own weariness. Flowers are great and all, but this girl loves cacti!

Leave me a comment below and tell me about the coolest cacti you've seen. Do you know what it's called? I want to know!

No comments:

Post a Comment