Tuesday, August 8, 2017

A Snapshot and The Scoop: After the Wedding


There hasn't been much about Jared's and my relationship that has been traditional, and the day following our wedding at the beginning of July was true to form. Where most people would either be packing for their honeymoon, on their way to their honeymoon, or already at their honeymoon location, Jared and I spent the day with our family at the local Lincoln Children's Zoo. Go figure, right, Jared and I go to a zoo? What?? Who are we? But really though, I couldn't wait to show my new husband where I began my career with animals, and I wanted to share that love and passion with our three year old niece, Charlotte. Jared's parents, siblings, and my mom tagged along with us as we wandered around the small zoo, and I'm pretty sure I bored everybody by reminiscing about the years I spent volunteering there. I know I had tons of fun seeing the animals and buildings I remember from my middle and highschool years, and was thrilled with the expansions the zoo has already made, as well as the ones in the works. I can't wait to go back there again after the additions are finished!

Leave me a comment below and tell me what you did the day after your wedding? Was it something that made you happy? That's all that matters!

No comments:

Post a Comment