Tuesday, June 21, 2016

A Snapshot and The Scoop: A Wild River in Texas


Above Guadalupe River State Park in Texas, this river is undammed, meaning it is uncontrolled and one of the few wild places left in central Texas. Because of this, the river is subject to wild floods, sometimes reaching as high as the upper branches of the tree you see on the riverbank. While calm, the deeper parts of the river are some of the most unusual shades of blue-green I've ever seen, yet the shallow waters seem to be crystal clear. I was the only person on this part of the river, and I was thrilled to have it that way. I'm sure that during the summer this beach will be full of people wanting to enjoy the Texas sun!

Leave me a comment below and tell me if you've ever had the pleasure of visiting this particular river, or if you have plans to go in the future!

No comments:

Post a Comment