Thursday, June 23, 2016

A Snapshot and The Scoop: Moons on the Beach


At the beginning of March my sister came down to visit me and we made a trip to Sea Rim State Park on the Gulf Coast of Texas. There, we came across these giant cloudy jellyfish, washed up on the beach. Both of us wanted to touch it, but without knowing exactly what it was we knew better, so instead we poked at it with a bit of driftwood. It was surprisingly firm, though I don't know if that's from drying out in the sun or if that's they way they usually are. We found out later that these are moon jellyfish, and they're only mildly iritating to the skin. We probably could have touched it, but knowing myself and my sister, we probably would have both broken out in hives or something stupid. It's best we left them alone!

Leave me a comment below and tell me if you would have touched it, or would you have left it alone too?

No comments:

Post a Comment