Thursday, June 16, 2016

A Snapshot and The Scoop: Taking the Plunge


This last February I spent a weekend in Texas hill country and visited Inks Lake State Park. It was a warm and humid day, and I myself was in shorts and a tank top. Have I ever mentioned that I love Texas winters? I was busy exploring Devil's Waterhole along the edge of the park when I heard whoops and clapping, so I went to investigate. I found several men standing in a line, all in swim trunks or shorts, clearly waiting their turn to climb a boulder next to the lake and jump from the top. Now, I've done my share of rock jumping into rivers, but it wasn't warm enough for me to go jumping into a lake from the top of a very big boulder perched on the edge of the cliff wall. Points to this guy, though, and to all of the others who climbed the boulder in front of us spectators and made the leap.

Leave me a comment below and tell me if you'd have jumped!

No comments:

Post a Comment