Thursday, December 17, 2015

A Snapshot and The Scoop: Tracing the Ancients


At the end of our summer trip to Utah and Colorado my sister and I took off on our own and visited as many ancient Puebloan ruin sites as we could. We stopped at Hovenweep National Monument for a few hours on our way from Moab, UT to Mesa Verde, CO and did a little exploring. We walked their loop trail, encircling a small canyon on the rim of which perched dozens of ruins, houses, graineries, towers and artifacts left behind. We stared off into the distance in either direction and picked out even more buildings dotting the horizon. It was amazing, walking the paths the ancients most likely walked, peering into their houses and imagining their lives, scraping a living in the high desert.

Leave me a comment below and tell me if you think you could have made it, living like these ancients. I don't think I could have!

No comments:

Post a Comment