Thursday, December 10, 2015

A Snapshot and The Scoop: My Adventures Defined By Animals


I've developed this habit when I go on trips of associating a particular animal with each trip. Now, I don't always have an animal to go with a trip, but most of my major ones have an animal that I think about when I look back on my adventures. My desert trip with Cat in September 2014, for example, was full of ravens. My adventure in Great Smoky Mountains National Park this year was chalk full of bears. Yes, I saw four live bears, but bear figurines, designs and stuffed toys were everywhere too; I couldn't get away from bears, not that I wanted to. I've also developed a habit of putting little figurines or toys in my car, mostly to remind myself of all of my adventures but also because they're conversation pieces. When someone gets in my car and notices a little raven and a small bear perched above my rearview mirror, or a tiger and Toothless tacked down on my dashboard, they tend to ask. Not to mention the lizard, pika and hedgehog in the back window. Am I reaching hoarder-status? Yeah, probably. Do I care much? Nope. So, next time you get in my car, ask me about the stories I have regarding my collection. At least the drive won't be boring!

Leave me a comment below and let me know if you associate memories with an object or feeling. Does a certain color remind you of a trip? A design? An animal?

No comments:

Post a Comment