Thursday, October 1, 2015

A Snapshot and the Scoop: A Beautiful Place To Pitch A Tent


I recently spent a week camping at Great Smoky Mountains National Park in Tennessee. Alone. It was absolutely amazing! I camped right against the forest, and was the only person on my loop in the campground. The camp host made her rounds every afternoon, and stopped to check on me a few times. In our chats, she asked me if I had met the campground resident. When I looked confused, she explained that there was a black bear that had made his home around the campground, who was being tracked by biologists to make sure he didn't get into trouble. So far, he'd left everybody alone, and they'd only seen him a few times. With a friendly reminder to make sure I left no food out, the camp host went on her way and left me to cook my dinner. You'd better believe I cleaned up every scrap of food and disposed of it in the bear-proof dumpster away from my camp site. I never had the pleasure of meeting the resident bear, and honestly, I'm ok with that. It really was a gorgeous campsite!

Leave me a comment below and tell me about a favorite campsite you've stayed at.

No comments:

Post a Comment