Thursday, April 13, 2017

A Snapshot and The Scoop: The Overlook


Callie and I stood at the edge of the bluff, the South Llano River valley spread out below our feet. Thee hike here was short but incredibly steep, though there were plenty of shady spots to stop and catch our breath. Of course, knowing me, something had to go wrong on the shortest hike of the trip, and about halfway there I felt the telltale signs of an impending bloody nose. I stopped, dropped my pack, and blindly groped for my pack of tissues while keeping a hand to the bridge of my nose. I plopped down on the trail to wait it out, internally grateful no one was there to see it.

Leave me a comment below and tell me about the worst thing that's happened to you on a super-short trail. Help me feel a little less alone here!

No comments:

Post a Comment