Thursday, April 20, 2017

A Snapshot and The Scoop: Bird Blinds



South Llano River State Park, deep in the heart of Texas Hill Country, is well known for its bird populations. Many birds, including the endangered Golden-Cheeked Warbler, call the hills and canyons near the river home, and the park does an excellent job keeping the birds in the spotlight. Numbered bird-watching blinds dot every trail, even way back out in the less-used parts of the park, and its up to luck and time of day to decide what birds you might see if you sit still and quiet enough. I was with Callie on my visit, and it was too much much to expect her to sit still long enough to possibly see rare and elusive birds; sure, she'd sit still while she cooled down, but once she recovered she would want to hit the trail again! Maybe next time I'll go back without her and see whatever I can see.

Leave me a comment below and tell me, are you a birder? Do you like birdwatching?

No comments:

Post a Comment