Thursday, August 4, 2016

A Snapshot and The Scoop: Swooping Swallows


On a recent adventure in Caprock Canyons State Park I made my way to a lookout near a covered pavillion. There were dozens of swallows swooping through the air near it, and only when I got to the pavillion and looked up did I see their little mud nests attached to the ceiling. After watching several birds fly into their nests and take off again, I got a glimpse of the little baby birds tucked away, waiting for their parents to bring them food. The noise under the pavillion was astounding, and I only stayed long enough to take a couple photos before I ran away so as not to upset the birds...plus I didn't want to get pooped on!

Leave me a comment below and tell me if you've ever seen swallows up close, and seen their little babies poking their heads out in a demand for food!

No comments:

Post a Comment