Tuesday, August 2, 2016

A Snapshot and The Scoop: Stop to Smell The Blue Bonnets


I'm all for taking your time on a trip, "stopping to smell the roses" as the saying goes. One thing I really enjoy doing is pulling off the road (safely) and getting onto the shoulder just to see what I can find. Ususally I need to stretch my legs and let my eyes focus on something other than the road, and poking around in the ditches near the road sometimes yield little treasures. Take these Texas Blue Bonnets for example: they really only bloom for a short period of time during the Texas spring, and if you pay attention you can find a few right off the road in hill country. I convinced my dad to stop the truck on the side of a winding, hilly road near San Antonio a few months ago, just to jump out and take a few pictures of these Texan beauties. I'm pretty happy we did.

Leave me a comment below and tell me what little treasures you've found on the side of the road.

No comments:

Post a Comment