Tuesday, August 16, 2016

A Snapshot and The Scoop: Kicking Back


Let me set the scene: My dog and I were in my car, pulled over on the side of the road watching a couple of bison grazing in the prairie above a lake. One of the bison ambled over, close to my car, and settled her girth on a bed of soft grass. All of a sudden she threw herself onto her side and started kicking up dust, writhing around on her back while throwing her legs up into the air. I was really confused and a little concerned at first (one of my dogs has seizures, so that's what my mind first jumped to) before I realized that she was taking a dust bath! It didn't last very long, then she clambered back to her feet, shook her whole body until a poof of dust rose above her, and went back to eating. And I was lucky enough to be in the right place at the right time to get photos of the whole process!

Leave me a comment below and let me know what you thought when you first saw the photo, without reading my story above.

No comments:

Post a Comment