Thursday, April 7, 2016

A Snapshot and The Scoop: My Indecisiveness Gets Really Annoying


After being forced to abandon my hiking and backpacking plans due to a road closure, I made a trip to Bryce Canyon National Park, only to have my attempts to see the hoodoos thwarted by yet more snow. With half a mind to head to my next planned destination, Zion National Park, I left Bryce amid a snowstorm that quickly intensified to nearly white-out conditions. I drove slowly, hovering on the edge of turning back and finding a hotel, while also grappling with my gigantic stubborn streak. Only after 13 miles of inching through piles of snow did my common sense win over my idiocy, and I turned back to the last place of safety and warmth I'd passed. Thirteen miles later I pulled into the driveway of a hotel and gratefully asked for a room. My satisfaction with the choice to turn back only increased when I saw they had bottles of wine for sale, and I purchased three bottles to help me wait out the storm.

Leave me a comment below and let me know if you would have just stayed put right from the beginning, or would you have tried to move on like I did?

No comments:

Post a Comment