Thursday, April 21, 2016

A Snapshot and The Scoop: Caution, Trail May Be Muddy


I have never been on such a muddy desert hiking trail. Sure, sometimes I'll come across the remnants of a puddle, with sticky mud being all that's left, but for nearly an entire trail to be one giant mud pit - in the desert - is ridiculous. They even had a warning sign at the start of the trail cautioning about the mud, but I didn't think anything of it. I mean, it's the desert. It's supposed to be bone dry. I also didn't take the fact that it had been raining all day into consideration. I was certainly thinking about it as I slid all over the trail, trying to keep my balance and my shoes as I felt the sticky mud grab hold of them with every step. Next time, I'll wear waders.

Leave me a comment below and tell me if you would have hike that trail in the mud!

No comments:

Post a Comment