Thursday, April 28, 2016

A Snapshot and The Scoop: Getting to Know the Local Wildlife


On my recent winter adventure in Zion National Park I came around a bend on a hikinng trail and found myself in the middle of a herd of female mule deer and their young. I'm pretty sure I was more surprised than they were because after they gave me appraising stares, they all lowered their heads and continued grazing. They couldn't have been bothered at all that I was there. I took my time taking pictures, with a few of the young ones coming right up to the trail where I was standing. I could have reached out and touched them. I've never been so close to mule deer in the wild, and it's definitely something the won't happen very often!

Leave me a comment below and let me know if I'm crazy for getting so excited about a bunch of deer. I'm not, right?

No comments:

Post a Comment