Thursday, November 12, 2015

A Snapshot and The Scoop: Bear - Proofing EVERYTHING


The minute I arrived in Great Smoky Mountains National Park, there were signs of bears everywhere. Literally. Signs warned of bears in the area, what to do if you encountered a bear, guidelines on safe viewing distances, and of course, around the areas where people ate and slept. I drove past this sign every time I left my campground, and I actually loved it. It's a good reminder for people to be safe, keep others safe, and keep bears from being put down due to human negligence. There were also biological signs of bears, mostly in piles of bear poop, but occasionally in marks on the ground or trees where they were digging for food. I've never stayed in an area that had so many active bears, and I loved every minute of it!

No comments:

Post a Comment