Thursday, September 3, 2015

A Snapshot and The Scoop: Not My Usual Hiking Style, Urban-Exploring the San Antonio River Walk


My recent weekend trip to San Antonio to visit Julia and Mark wouldn't have been complete without a visit to the River Walk. I don't normally do the whole urban-exploring thing, much preferring to keep to trails of the unpaved variety, but I couldn't resist experiencing the River Walk as an adult. I have visited previously, several years ago while I was a teenager with my family, but it's different somehow, going on your own. Julia and I had attempted to visit the area on that Saturday night, but hadn't realized it was Fiesta, and after nearly an hour of trying to find a parking spot we gave up and headed back toward her place in search of a quieter atmosphere. Sunday morning at 10am was a perfect time to try again, with most people sleeping off the partying from the night before. Julia, Mark and I wandered along both sides of the river, exploring the shops, visiting the Fiesta vendors who were setting up for the day's festivities, and finding a steakhouse with a balcony overlooking the river and sidewalks to eat lunch at. It was so nice to be back along the coolness of the river, and this time I was old enough to enjoy an adult beverage with my lunch!

Leave me a comment below and tell me if you've ever had the pleasure of visiting the River Walk in San Antonio.

No comments:

Post a Comment