Thursday, September 24, 2015

A Snapshot and the Scoop: Friends in High Places


Megan and I were just beginning our June 2015 Colorado adventure, during which we would white-water raft, explore freezing waterfalls and climb baking sand dunes. Her and I decided to explore a little on our first afternoon after meeting up in Buena Vista, and headed up Mount Princeton, along a winding mountain road that led us to a small ghost town called St. Elmo. We wandered around the old buildings, some of which were open to the public, some had been turned into cabins for hunters, and many more were boarded up. Once we'd seen everything we wanted to see, we picked up $0.50 bags of seeds and headed to a woodpile that was crawling with people, and a bunch of adorable little chipmunks! Now, normally I don't condone feeding wildlife, but these little guys were so conditioned that they were essentially domestic. They would just hop right up on you, and take seeds right from your hands! Megan and I spent at least 30 minutes there, squealing over how cute the little rodents were. We only reluctantly left when we ran out of seeds, although I was tempted to buy more bags and stay there for a while longer!

Leave me a comment below and tell me about a time that you took a little side trip that was this much fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment