Thursday, September 17, 2015

A Snapshot and The Scoop: Finding Places To Love In Texas


I've made it no secret that I love Colorado and Utah, but I'm also trying really hard to find places to love in my new home state of Texas. On my recent trip to the deserts of the American Southwest, I made a quick pit stop at Guadalupe Mountains National Park while traveling home. And you know what happened? I became incredibly curious about the desert mountains in this state, and decided that I really, really needed to spend a few days at the park and hike all 80ish miles of trails. I've been to the park once before with my family (years ago) but we didn't really get to experience the park then, and on my trip in July I didn't have enough time to explore the park like I wanted to. Stopping in Guadalupe was more of an afterthought, and I wish now that I had taken the time and devoted a couple of days to the park instead of the hour that I had. Next time, I'll hike the park's trails and maybe even camp in the back country. There are very few roads in the park, and in order to really see anything you need to hoof it. I guess I know where one of my future adventures awaits!

Leave me a comment below and tell me about a place you wish you had explored more.

No comments:

Post a Comment