Thursday, March 22, 2018

A Snapshot and The Scoop: The Forgotten Luxury of Car Camping


I can't believe I'd forgotten how nice it is to car-camp. In my quest to hike as much as possible and sleep under as many different trees as I can, I seem to have dismissed the luxuries of car camping. What do you mean I can overpack and not be punished for it by lugging it miles on my back? I don't have to anticipate how cold I'll be at night, because I can just grab extra blankets? What?? And the food! Let me just say: YUM! Having everythign I need and more available to me by just opening the trunk of my car - what a neat concept! Of course, I car camped one night on my most recent trip out West, then immediately set off backpacking the next night, but oh well. It was nice while it lasted!

Leave me a comment below and tell me if you've ever had that "Ah Hah!" moment when you rediscover something you'd forgotten was a luxury. I'll try to remember just how much I enjoyed it!

No comments:

Post a Comment