Thursday, March 23, 2017

A Snapshot and The Scoop: Cacti Galore


You all probably know by now that I love the moisture-loving fungi, mushrooms. On the drier side, though, there are the prickly plants known as cacti, and I love them just as much, if not more. Whenever I'm in an arid or semi-arid environment I always keep an eye out for the various cacti of the region, including the little barrel cacti pictured above. I even have a couple of cacti in pots at home, mostly because they're super easy to keep and care for. I especially look for the prickly pear cactus because their fruit is delicious, and whenever I get the chance to go back to the extreme southwest I intend to revisit the national park units named after cacti, Saguaro and Organ Pipe. For now, though, I'm content with seeing whatever is closer to home!

No comments:

Post a Comment