Tuesday, December 20, 2016

A Snapshot and The Scoop: Ocean Adventures


Callie's first trip to the ocean was a huge success! At the end of October I took Callie on a day trip to the gulf coast where we searched for and found alligators at Brazos Bend State Park, then headed up the coast right alonside the gulf until reaching Galveston Island State Park. Once there, we walked along the beach until we were away from a majority of the crowd, where I finally let my dog off leash, and she went wild. She loved  the ocean! So many smells and sounds and movement. She chased the waves then ran back up the beach as they came in behind her, she brought me shells and seaweed, and she wanted nothing more than for me to throw whatever I could into the water for her to fetch. We played on the beach for over an hour, and she never seemed to tire. I never tired of taking pictures of her either. This little dog has so much energy and is always on the go, and just makes me so happy. I can't wait for our next adventure!

Leave me a comment below and tell me about a time you took your adventure buddy to the ocean. Did you have fun? Did they?

No comments:

Post a Comment