Thursday, December 29, 2016

A Snapshot and The Scoop: Go For It


Back in October Callie and I made a short weekend trip to Petit Jean State Park where I planned to hike and camp for two days. When I travel to a park I like to drive all of the roads and pull over at all of the shorter trails and overlooks, just to orient myself with the area. The Cedar Falls Overlook was one such place, where we walked down a smooth boardwalk to the edge of a cliff that overlooks Cedar Canyon and Cedar Falls. You can barely see the trickle of water that is Cedar Falls during autumn, and I overheard several people talking about hiking down to the bottom of the canyon in order to see the falls better. I knew right then that it was something I wanted to do, in fact, I had seen little specks of people at the base of the falls as I stood on the overlook. Not even an hour later, Callie and I were on our way down!

Leave me a comment below and tell me about a time where you saw something and just knew you had to go for it.

No comments:

Post a Comment