Thursday, February 11, 2016

A Snapshot and The Scoop: Shadow Portraits on Slickrock


By now you've probably figured out that I've got an obsession with the deserts of southern Utah. I just love the big skies, deep canyons, and multi-hued rocks. What can I say, I'm a bit of a geology buff, and I love taking pictures of the whole area. The light is just perfect right at dawn and dusk in the summer. I had the chance to venture out there again this winter, and I was in a photographer's heaven. The sun stayed low in the sky even during the middle of the day, bringing out the colors of the sandstone even more vibrantly than I thought possible, though it was late to rise and early to set, cutting my time among the rusty red rocks short. The day was dying as I snapped this picture, and shortly afterward I was crawling into my tent for a cold, 15ish hour long night.

Leave me a comment below and tell me if you'd like the visit the desert in all seasons just as much as I do!

No comments:

Post a Comment