Thursday, August 6, 2015

A Snapshot and The Scoop: Badger Don't Care


Back in Fort Niobrara National Wildlife Refuge Marley and I were driving on a dirt road across the prairie when we came across a prairie dog town. We spent a good amount of time watching them scurry around, going about their business. Marley wanted to get out and play so bad! I even put down the window for him. Just as we were turning around to go back to the hotel I caught a glimpse of something much bigger than a prairie dog: a badger was running between the burrow holes, trying to find a way in! I'd never seen a live badger in the wild, and was enthralled with how this one moved and behaved. It was surprisingly quick, but the prairie dogs were faster, always diving into their burrows at the last second, and popping up as soon as the badger turned it's back. Marley and I watched the badger for a long time before it finally gave up and headed for longer grass, where we lost sight of it. Not gonna lie, it was pretty neat!

Leave me a comment below and tell me about your first time seeing an animal and what impression it left.

No comments:

Post a Comment