Thursday, April 30, 2015

A Snapshot and The Scoop: Bubble Bursts


It was cold and windy in Rocky Mountain National Park on this January morning, and my friend Megan and I were headed up for a full day of hiking. The sun hadn't come up over the mountains yet so the road through the forest was dark and full of curves and switchbacks. It was fun! We arrived at a point on the road where we could actually see over the tops of the trees below us, and I couldn't help myself. I stopped the car right in the middle of the road, got out, and started shooting photos of this cloud. We had the entire road to ourselves, and we hadn't seen anybody since we left town before dawn to get to the park. After I was satisfied (and cold) we jumped back in the car and continued on our way to hike.
Leave a comment below and tell me if you've ever stopped the car/bike/camper in the middle of a (hopefully empty) road because you just had to take a picture. And post the picture!

No comments:

Post a Comment