Tuesday, January 15, 2019

A Snapshot and The Scoop: The Wines of Colorado


What's a Pikes Peak visit without a little tradition thrown in? Torrey and I have been visiting Pikes Peak every year since 2014, with no end in sight, and in addition to visiting the peak and exploring Colorado for a week we also tend to stop at one very specific restaruant/tasting room right at the foot of the mountain. The Wines of Colorado combines awesome food (seriously, it's great) with an absolutely fantastic assortment of wines from all over the state. Every time we visit neither Torrey nor I walk away without several bottles of wine each. Something new we discovered this year? Their outdoor patio is pet friendly! Hoodoo got to chill with us as we prepared for five days of hiking 14'ers, enjoying little licks off my plate when he thought I wasn't paying attention. We've definitely begun looking forward to our afternoon on their patio before we hit the road to explore more of Colorful Colorado, and I can't wait for next year's visit. Good food and good wine, what's not to love?

Leave me a comment and tell me about a place where you stop every time you make a return visit to your favorite spot! I want to begin new traditions everywhere I go.

No comments:

Post a Comment