Tuesday, December 25, 2018

A Snapshot and The Scoop: Wilderness


Wilderness. What do you think of when you read that word? Untouched forests or deserts, nobody around for miles? Elation? Fear? Animals and things that go bump in the dark? When I see wilderness, I see solitude and freedom, adventure and challenge. I see a place to test myself against myself, and hopefully come out stronger. Wilderness is a place where I recharge, where I go to get away from life and people and stress. It is a place that deserves to be cherished and protected, a place that brings different things to different people, but all the same "plans to protect air and water, wilderness and wildlife, are in fact plans to protect man." - Stewart Udall, the man who helped draft the Wilderness Act in 1964.

Wilderness is a place "where man himself is a visitor who does not remain."

For those of you who celebrate, Merry Christmas! For those of you who don't Happy Tuesday!

No comments:

Post a Comment