Thursday, November 15, 2018

A Snapshot and The Scoop: Skyline Arch


A half day spent in Arches National Park didn't leave my sister and I a lot of time during our summer adventures, but we made sure to stop at a couple of arches along the way. This one, Skyline, doesn't seem to be as popular as some of the other, easier accessible arches, perhaps in part because you can't see it from the road. Still, it is only a half mile or so round trip walk to the arch over easy, sandy earth that Lisha and I refused to put real shoes on for. You can get right up to the base of the sandstone fin the arch  is carved out of, and if you're feeling adventurous you can climb fallen boulders scattered here and there in the shade. I'll be honest, as many times as I've been in the park, I've never stopped to see Skyline, so I guess that's another one I can check off my list!

No comments:

Post a Comment