Tuesday, November 20, 2018

A Snapshot and The Scoop: Delicate Arch


What's a trip to Arches National Park without stopping to see the arch, Delicate Arch itself? I mean, it's even featured on Utah's license plate! This particular visit to the arch was way less crowded than I expected it to be, though that may be in part due to thunderstorms in the area, and sunset was still more than an hour away. We were actually able to get photos of the arch without someone standing under it for once, with no need to get creative with camera angles! I still circled around the edge of the bowl that the arch perches on, and climbed down to the sandy bottom to get a few shots looking up at the monolith, but that was purely for pleasure. I don't think it's possible to have too many pictures! In fact, it was this arch that Jared asked me to bring him back as a gift after one trip. Like, the actual arch, not a decal or a figure of it. He wanted the arch. Becuase that's a normal thing to ask for. But hey, shout out to my wonderful, loving, goofy husband on his birthday! Happy Birthday Jared, I love you!!

No comments:

Post a Comment