Thursday, October 11, 2018

A Snapshot and The Scoop: Ravens


I love ravens; they're wicked smart, mischievous, and down right hilarious. Their antics crack me up, like these two preening each other on a chilly summer morning in Yellowstone National Park. They and another pair were hanging around the boardwalk near Old Faithful Geyser, and I entertained myself by watching them while waiting for the eruption. Alisha and I had arrived nearly an hour early and had the area nearly to ourselves and the birds, who made no secret of the fact that they owned the place. They chased each other all over, cawing and croaking and otherwise disrupting the still and silent morning air. I wasn't smart and had only worn flip flops, capris, and a tank top covered with a light jacket, and the temperature was hovering somewhere around 45f, so I was freezing my poor toes off. I'm eternally grateful to these ravens for helping me keep my mind off my feet!

No comments:

Post a Comment