Thursday, October 25, 2018

A Snapshot and The Scoop: Dancing with Cranes



Have you ever come across somthing, either reading or hearing about it, especially something you didn't know about or hadn't thought about in a long time, then all of a sudden find yourself looking at it? This happened to me on a springtime visit to Nebraska. I had just been reading an article about the Sandhill Crane migration that cuts through the middle of the state, and then the next day I found myself unintentionally in the midst of thousands of the birds! I'm not sure if it was irony or dumb luck, or a combination, but my dad and I spent a good 45 minutes driving backroads, bird watching. Regardless, it was super neat to witness and brought back fond childhood memories of visiting the migration with my family. Fun stuff!

No comments:

Post a Comment