Thursday, January 4, 2018

A Snapshot and The Scoop: You Know What They Say About Karma...


While hiking in Rocky Mountain National Park Torrey and I came around a bend in the trail to see three girls carving something in an aspen tree. Not only is this ugly, it damages the tree. Also, its illegal - defacing federal property. I was polite (at first) and asked them to please not do that to the tree. I became less polite when they argued with me, telling me there are millions of trees and its only one. I stood still and stared at them until they started getting things like sunscreen out of their packs, clearly waiting for me to leave. I didn't. I'm kind of known for being stubborn, and these girls had pissed me off. I stood and watched them until they became uncomfortable and eventually left with a nice wave of their middle fingers at me. I got the last laugh though: Torrey and I had noticed rain clouds moving in and we had been booking it down the mountain so we wouldn't freeze in the cold mountain rains. These girls were in tank tops, capris, and weren't carrying any sort of rain gear while they were headed up the mountain. The sky opened up on Torrey and I as soon as we reached our car, and there was no way those girls had made it down in time to avoid getting soaked in the afternoon storm. I like to think Mother Nature had her revenge.

Leave me a comment below and tell me if you would say something if you saw someone defacing a park or something else important to you. What do you you let slide, and what makes your blood boil?

No comments:

Post a Comment