Tuesday, September 5, 2017

A Snapshot and The Scoop: The Brightest Night


There is just something about sleeping under the stars that speaks to a lot of people, and if you get the chance to sleep under the stars in an amazing place with some of the darkest skies around? Even better. Alisha and I had that chance on our Grand Canyon Adventure back in May, and our last night in the canyon was all the more beautiful for it. We had gone to bed with the occasional droplets of rain sprinkling the tent, but for some reason I woke up in the dead of night. Maybe it was the complete calm, which we hadn't had for three days. It could have also been the light; it was bright enough in the tent to see the outlines of my sister and our gear, and in my befuddled state I wondered what jerk was shining his headlights into our tent when we were clearly sleeping. I peeked out the ventilation window to take a look and was greeted by the clearest, brightest sky shot through with stars, and the cloudy Milky Way running across my field of vision. It was so amazing that I woke my sister up, wanting to share the brilliance of the night with her. It couldn't have been a better last night in the canyon.

Leave me a comment below and tell me, are you a star buff? Do you like star gazing?

No comments:

Post a Comment