Thursday, June 29, 2017

A Snapshot and The Scoop: Squirrels at Zion


I know, I know, more squirrels. I can't  help myself! You all are well aware of how much I love these fat little bushy-tailed rodents, and Zion Canyon was full of them! I was in squirrel heaven! I'm not someone who would try to touch or feed the wild squirrels, I know better, but I sure as hell enjoyed them from afar. This little lady was busy pulling wildflower stems down to reach the deliciously sweet flower right along the side of the trail and I took advantage of her being so close to snap more pictures of her than I'd like to admit. Her and the other squirrels all along the canyon bottom took almost no heed of my sister, myself, or the rest of the crowd as we watched their scurrying antics. I'm sure my sister got annoyed at me for spending so much time looking at a rodent rather than at the soaring red cliffs or the bright blue river, but I didn't care (and still don't). I love squirrels!!

Leave me a comment below and tell me about an animal that grabs your attention no matter where you are. Any fellow squirrel lovers out there?

No comments:

Post a Comment